We all know that the internet and the access to local, regional, national and international audiences is simply unprecedented at such a low-cost.
In fact, we are living in revolutionary times with old media like newspapers in terminal decline and commercial Free to Air TV such as Channel Nine, Channel Ten and Channel 7 in Australia having to write off billions in equity. Commercial TV is suffering from a literal loss of eyeballs! You see, the less people sit and watch the less effective TV advertising becomes and of course this is noted by the Advertisers, marketers, and advertising specialists that are sending more and more advertising to the web.
Also, we are living in exponential times. The internet is a perfect example of this theory in action as well as China!
Now for some fast facts from “Did you Know? 3.0 Rome 2008”
- China is on track to be the number 1 English-speaking country in the world
- The US Department of labor estimates that today’s learner will have 10-14 jobs by the age of 38
- 1 in 4 workers has been with their employer less than a year
- 1 in 8 US couples married in 2007 met online
- There are 31 BILLION searches on Google every month! (B.G. where did we search Before.Google.?)
These are just some of the facts that will help you to remember the pace of change and the speed at which technology is evolving is simply awesome.No Comments »